Information about Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid
It is used to prevent infections caused by bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It is also used as a first-aid for cleaning wounds and scrapes, thereby lowering the risk of infections. It is dermatologically tested and recommended by the Indian Medical Association for surface cleaning and personal hygiene liquid. It is also antiseptic in nature which makes it useful to use against cuts as well and protect against microbes.
You can also use it for household cleaning purposes. It is also used to clean floors and tiles due to its powerful disinfectant properties. Also, the presence of alcohol aids in killing the microbes such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi. It also contains certain chemicals that aid in the killing of germs on surfaces not visible to the naked eye. This process might not only clean dirty surfaces but also kills germs thereby reducing the risk of infection.
For personal hygiene, you can add a few drops of this liquid in bathing water or even use it while cleaning your feet after coming home from outside. Dettol mixed with water can also act as an effective after-shave lotion, especially to lower the risk of infection in case of cuts or bruises.
Remember, Dettol Antiseptic Liquid is only meant for external use. Do not even use it as a mouth rinse or take it orally as it may lead to various side effects. Also, this liquid should not be used for every skin problem that you may encounter. It is strictly not recommended for people suffering from skin diseases such as eczema. Also, keep it out of reach of children to avoid any casualty. It is available in various pack sizes of 110 ml, 210 ml, and 500 ml.
Key benefits/uses of Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid:
- Acts as a powerful antiseptic disinfectant liquid that kills more than 100 illness-causing germs
- Provides all-round family protection against germs and has been recommended by medical professionals for generations
- Kills germs on the skin and helps protect against infection due to cuts and scratches
- Can be used as a household disinfectant on surfaces such as floors, tiles, windows, doorknobs, tables, etc.
- Works as a simple yet effective personal hygiene tool when added to bathing water as it helps to kill germs and lower your risk of infections
Directions for use:
- Add 1-2 capful of Dettol to water for household cleaning activities.
- Use a few drops of Dettol to disinfect minor wounds and scrapes.
- Add 1 capful of Dettol to water while bathing.
- Add 1 capful of Dettol to your shaving mixture for a clean shave.
Quick tips for Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid:
- This antiseptic liquid is meant for external use ONLY.
- Do not even use it as a mouth rinse or take it orally as it may lead to various side effects.
- Do not use this liquid for every skin problem that you may encounter.
- It is strictly not recommended for people suffering from skin diseases such as eczema.
- Keep it out of reach of children to avoid any casualty.
Side-effects of Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid:
When used as an antiseptic disinfectant liquid, it does not cause any side effects. When used for cuts and wounds or as an after-shave lotion, it may cause mild irritation and sting on the skin but no major side effects. However, if ingested, it can not only cause corrosion of the respiratory tract (such as oral mucosa and larynx) but also affect the gastrointestinal tract. Moreover, it can also impact the central nervous system.
Be careful when using this liquid, especially around kids as there is a high chance that kids might drink this liquid unknowingly.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach of the children.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Use under medical supervision.